Direct Debit can now be set up on-line or over the telephone in addition
to the original postal method.
This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit London Borough of Lewisham will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request London Borough of Lewisham to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit by London Borough of Lewisham or your bank or building society you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when London borough of Lewisham asks you to
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.
In order to set up your Direct Debit instruction on-line you will need
to give us the following information: bank or building society name and
account number, sort code and branch address (you can find all these details
in your cheque book).
Alternatively you can print off your on-screen Direct Debit instruction
and either fax us on 020 8314 3155, or post it to us at London Borough of
Lewisham Revenues Dept 5th Floor Laurence House Catford London SE6 4RU.
If you are unable to print it please phone us on 020 8690 9666 and we will
post you a paper Direct Debit instruction. Alternatively, you can e-mail
the council tax section at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are not the account holder, a paper Direct Debit
instruction will be sent for completion. Request
Direct Debit instructions.
- If this is your own personal account continue
with the set up procedure.
Please complete the form below to instruct your branch to make payments
directly from your account.
You will receive written confirmation in the post that your direct debit instructions have been set up. If you have not received this within 7 working days please contact us on 020 8690 9666.